- What is Alpha-H Liquid Gold?
- Glycolic Acid Benefits
- Expert Tips
- 16 Ways to Use Liquid Gold
Glycolic Acid might just be the most talked-about skincare ingredient right now.
Or at least, it is on TikTok.
It isn't new; the exfoliating AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) has been the hero of our best-selling Alpha-H Liquid Gold Exfoliating Treatment for decades.
Only now, people are finding more ways to make their money go further by turning to such multi-use beauty products.
From your face to your feet (yes, really!), keep reading for 16 ways to use Alpha-H Liquid Gold.
But first, let's quickly recap what Liquid Gold is, and why TikTok is obsessed with Glycolic Acid's many skin benefits.
Glycolic Acid Benefits for Skin
OK, but why is TikTok so obsessed with Glycolic Acid all of a sudden?
Short answer: You'll see visible results, and fast!
When dead skin cells build up on the skin's surface, it can make your complexion look and feel dull, rough, dry and uneven.
Glycolic Acid works by dissolving the bonds holding those dead skin cells together.
This clears the way for fresher, plumper skin cells to come to the surface.
The result? Skin that appears bright, smooth, fresh and healthy.
Check out just a couple of our Alpha-H Liquid Gold before and after results below!
How to Use Alpha-H Liquid Gold
Now, let's get into 16 different ways you can use a chemical exfoliant like Liquid Gold.
Note: Here are a couple of expert tips (and words of warning) to keep in mind...
- Take everything you see on TikTok with a grain of salt - everyone's skin is different!
- Always patch test active skincare before use, as the skin on your body and scalp is different to the skin on your face
- Ensure you're applying an adequate amount of a high-protection, broad spectrum sunscreen every day, but especially after using a resurfacing product like Liquid Gold
- If you experience any irritation from exfoliation, stop and go right back to basics (cleanser, moisturiser, SPF)
16 Ways to Use Your Exfoliant
1. As your at-home exfoliating treatment.
This is the original way to use Liquid Gold!
Saturate a cotton pad and swipe over the skin up to three times a week, then leave on overnight to wake up with fresh, glowing skin.
Expert tip: If you don't use cotton pads, a few shakes into the palm of your hand pressed directly into the skin works, too.